The Pentecost Party at 11 was a joyful celebration, but how could it be otherwise? Cake, balloons, pass the parcel, a short talk aimed more at children and a few hymns and spiritual songs and we were on our way.
Lunch at home, later in the afternoon at Betty's before returning for the evening service. A few talks to a few people before and after to find out what was happening, and then we were all set to go home, eat fish and chips and prepare for the new half term for boys and for Viv's trip.
This morning, Viv sorted out and got ready, with lots of exciting things to do. David set off to collect Betty at 12:30, and we caught the train to Lime Street. From there, a quick visit to WHS, then Viv and Betty got on the train to London and David and I got on the train to Bromborough.
Did you know that there is no station on the Merseyrail network with "Crescent" in its name?
Anyway, back home, washing up and things, then on to the evening: pies, potatoes, that sort of thing.
- Tuesday evening - our curate Nick speaking on The Da Vinci Code and why it's a load of tosh
- Wednesday evening - youth group trip to the cinema to see The Da Vinci Code (apparently it's a load of tosh)
- Thursday evening - David's last confirmation preparation class
- Friday evening - Matthew and Chris to Pathfinders, the youth group
- Saturday evening - wait and see
- Sunday evening - David's confirmation by the Bishop of Birkenhead, soon to be Bishop of Birmingham
- Monday evening - out to dinner at sheaj34's house - thank you for the invitation - can't believe it's the only free night
- Tuesday evening - off to Lime Street to collect Betty and Viv