1.How old will you be in five years?
2. Do you think you will be married by then?
Viv and I will have been married for 24 years by then.
3. How tall are you?
4. What do you look forward to most?
At the moment, I'm still keen to find work. But once I do, something else will be to look forward to.
5. What's the last movie you saw?
Good question. Not counting DVDs at home, I rather think it was Snakes On A Plane.
6. Who was the last person you called?
A recruitment person.
11. What were you doing at 12am last night?
12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced?
Dead. They were married till then.
13. When is the last time you saw your mum?
Alive, the night before she died.
14. What colour are your eyes?
15. What time did you wake up today?
16. What are you wearing right now?
A grey Pisa t-shirt, usual dark trousers, slippers.
17. What's your favourite Christmas song?
In The Bleak Midwinter, especially the "What can I give him?" verse.
18. Where is your favourite place to be?
With Viv. Probably in and around Port Vila.
19. Where is your least favourite place to be?
Can't think of one at the moment.
20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
Who knows? A different answer every day. I'd quite like to go and look round Oxford again, but answers would also include South America, Egypt, Australia, back to Zimbabwe (when appropriate), Vanuatu, New Zealand...
21. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years?
Probably still in Bebington, but 10 years is a long time.
22. Do you tan or burn?
Usually tan, but sometimes burn.
23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
A large turbine which made a frightening noise and broke milk bottle.
24. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
The Four Candles sketch on YouTube.
25. How many TVs do you have?
One is enough.
26. How big is your bed?
27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?
A laptop for everyone except Matthew, a desktop shared by him and the whole family when they need a desktop, or a printer.
28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
Unclothed, unless it is very cold indeed. Did you really want to know that?
29. What colour are your sheets?
I'd have to go and check what colour sheets we are using at the moment.
30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
One. Sometimes none.
31. What is your favourite season?
Summertime, and the living is easy.
32. What do you like about autumn?
Crunchy leaves, harvest, warm days.
33. What do you like about winter?
The bright lights, the crisp cold. Christmas.
34. What do you like about summer?
Heat, long evenings, bright mornings.
35. What do you like about spring?
New life, Easter, the promise of the rest of the year.
36. How many states have you lived in?
None. I have visited Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Illinois, California and Hawaii.
37. How many cities/towns have you lived in?
Bebington; [Oxford]; Sheldon, Birmingham; Port Vila, Vanuatu; Hastings, New Zealand; [Auckland, New Zealand]; Stokes Valley, New Zealand; Bromborough
38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
39. Are you a social person?
40. What was the last thing you ate?
A bowl of porridge.
41. What is your favourite restaurant?
Haven't got one at the moment. I may make a list of previous favourites another time.
42. What is your favourite ice cream?
43. What is your favourite dessert?
Pavlova with cream. This bears little resemblance to the travesties sold as pavlova in England.
44. What is your favourite soup?
Cream of tomato, even though I don't much like tomatoes. And pumpkin, even though it's almost unknown in England.
45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
Don't be ridiculous. I am not American.
48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average?
None. One at the most, except in summertime, when the living is easy and it can reach as much as a couple of litres.
49. What do you drink in the morning?
Coffee. And orange juice. Mostly coffee.
50. Would you rather sleep with someone else or alone?
Definitely with someone else, but I'm very particular about who the someone else is.
51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
Yes. As I lie on my back, the edge is on my right.
52. Do you know how to play poker?
Not well enough to play with anyone who has a clue.
53. Do you like to cuddle?
Yes. But again, I'm particular who.
54. Have you ever been to Canada?
No. But I've flown over it.
55. Do you have an addictive personality?
Probably, but not unmanageably so.
56. Do you eat out or at home more often?
57. Do you go to church on Sunday?
58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
Yes. therobbergirl, holyoutlaw and cosmicbiscuit (no relation) for a start. Also Neil Kennedy (deceased) and Simon Yates.
59. Do you want kids?
I have three already. Isn't that ennough?
60. Do you speak any other languages?
A little French, German and Spanish. A little Esperanto. A lot of Bislama.
61. Have you ever gotten stitches?
62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Yes, but not on my own account.
63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
A pool, if it's quiet.
64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seats?
More space by the aisle, better views by the window. Short flight=window, long flight=aisle.
65. Do you know how to drive stick?
66. What is your favourite thing to spend money on?
67. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7?
A wedding ring.
68. What is your favourite TV show?
Seven Periods with Mr Gormsby
69. Can you roll your tongue?
70. Who is the funniest person you know?
71. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
Not any more.
Or: That's not a nice thing to call Viv.
72. What is the main ring tone on your phone?
American Patriots by The Smirks.
73. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
74. What colour are your bedroom walls?
75. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth?
No, but I should. Though just a moment we have no water.
76. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Closed. It's much better that way.
77. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
What an odd question.
78. Do you flirt a lot?
79. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Sweet and sour sauce by choice.
80. What's your favourite food?
I suppose so. I like steak, salmon, sushi, sausages - and that's just part of S.
81. Can you change the oil on a car?
82. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Travelling north out of Putaruru, the road runs downhill before the speed limit changes from 50kph to 100kph. The police have found it is a great place to stick a speed camera. And they tell us it's about safety, not revenue. Liars.
83. Have you ever run out of gas?
84. What is your usual bedtime?
Later than I want it to be.
86. Do you read the newspaper?
Occasionally I buy one, but most of my news comes from the net or Radio 4. I'll pick up Metro if there's one left, but I reckon it's worth what I pay for it. (Background for non-British readers...it's a free paper, with an editorial policy rather like the Daily Mail: extreme right-wing)
87. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
88. Best comedian?
Apart from local circuit New Zealand comedians, I'm not really up to date.
89. Do you watch soap operas?
No. I've started listening to The Archers again. Does that count?